Bowling Green Assembly Plant Facts:
• The plant is over one million square feet under roof, or the equivalent of 22 football fields.
• The Bowling Green plant assembles more than 35,000 Chevrolet Corvettes and 4,000 Cadillac XLRs per year.
• Production each day ranges from 150 - 170 Corvettes and approximately 16 XLRs.
• There are 387 suppliers from which the plant receives 1,376 parts. Seventy-seven percent of the car is made in the USA and Canada.
• From start to finish, each Corvette spends approximately 36 hours winding seven miles of conveyor systems in the plant.
• In the paint department, body panels spend ten hours winding two miles on a conveyor system.
• Body panels receive three coats of paint: primer, color and clear coat. Corvette and XLR body panels are composite fiberglass, except for the front and rear bumpers, which are urethane.
• The Cadillac XLR is built on a separate line from the Corvette. They share the same frame and both use fiberglass body panels.